feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Interview w/ SKA-P

Tags:

After a successful career in the music business, after playing sold out shows in different continents and playing the biggest festivals out there, we had the chance to make an interview with Joxemi, Who kindly talked for us about their latest release, their upcoming 2 years break, and some other personal topics. Here in hearingthevoice.com were really happy to finally interview this great band from Spain.

By: Miguel Guinness.





How was the people reaction to your latest release?

Joxemi: way better than we thought at the beginning or way better than we expected it! Because the people in our website voted as our best CD ever, that honestly for me is not the best, but is really important that your fans think that our last CD is way better than the rest, because normally most of the bands their top production is the 2nd or 3rd but luckily our fans find our last work as the coolest from us.
I heard that you will make a break pretty soon, is that correct?

Joxemi: Yeah this year we will finish our activity in South America probably in Mexico and then we will stop for 2 years. During this break of course we will work in new songs so we won´t be playing the same set over and over through the years.
How is the life of a Ska-p´s member when you are not touring, I mean like in a normal day?

Joxemi: Well some dedicate their time to their families like normal people as we are, I dedicate my time to my side project NO RELAX as you know, Pipi dedicate his time to THE LOCOS  and the others live their lives away from music but that’s not me.
There so many rumors, people talking bad about that Ska-p earns so much money that your lyrics don’t fit in what you really are, but in the other hand despite all those rumors Ska-p never changed its style, lyrics or attitude. Would you like to say something about it?

Joxemi: The people has the right to say whatever they want, but people really don’t know you and they see you in the magazines and all that media and they could think that you are different because they personally don’t know who you really are. In our case we are still who we are, there were times when our music got really popular and we played for €3000 and the same night there were other bands charging €200,000 so that’s not fair neither, I think is ok if you play music as a way of life, I mean you don’t steal to anyone and you can sign whatever you want, what I´m trying to say if your band is successful you don’t have to be an asshole, the difference is that bands get successful and they change their style to earn just money that’s a big mistake because you stop being yourself just to make more bucks, and we never did or will do that, so that’s why I don’t mind about what people say because in a way not all the people will like you. And well… cheers to everyone even for the assholes!!


This is a personal question. If you have hadn’t been the SKA-P guitarist what else would you liked to be?

Joxemi: Professional boxer!! When I was a kid I used to train a lot, I have been playing music since I was a kid too, but when I had 18 I still thought about being a boxer, I liked boxing a lot but I´m really happy that I didn’t do it because I had the face destroyed and the brain even more, so I preferred the music.

What about football? What do you think of your team?


Joxemi: No idea, I don’t care about football at all. As a sport I think is great but there is a lot of over information about it, for example in Spain and well all around the world  Italy, Argentina, Mexico just to name a few, the football is something that you are forced to live with since you are a child, you don’t even have to be a football player you have to like it and being happy when your country wins but at the end personally you don’t win anything but in the other hand with this fucked up life, the misery the world lives, with the crisis and all the shit that goes around; Football is like a way to forget those things  which maybe is good  but generally I don’t like it, I just don’t like what surrounds the football.

Is there any Ska-p song that you already played so many times that you can´t stand it anymore?, or is it there any song that you love to play, no matter how many times you already played it?


Joxemi: Maybe when we have a long tour and at the middle of the tour you feel sometimes kind of jaded. But a song that I enjoy to play a lot it´s MIS COLEGAS, it is the one that I love to play the most!!  But I like all of our songs, I´m really lucky to do what I like.

There is in Mexico a kid with just 12 years old and he is a bull fighter, how ridiculous is that?


Joxemi: He is a child! I don’t want to know which kind of education he had but his parents must be in jail no doubt about it, I´m 100% against the bull fights not just me, the whole band.
                                                    What do you expect today of the Austrian people?

Joxemi: Honestly I don’t know this festival is too heavy metal for us, so let´s see I think people will like it, so I think is like a test for us, if these people like our set , it will mean that we like to anyone, because the metal, rock people are sometimes not so open minded, but Ska-p had gone beyond any style we like almost to anyone and some other don’t like us. So in less words we have no fear of anyone call it Slayer, Rammstein we don’t care(laughs) we will play our own style our own noise and that´s it, we don’t need fire or explosions is not fundamental for us. 

Thanks Joxemi and good luck!




0 comentarios:

Post a Comment